Ah, yes, Spring is right around the corner, can you believe it? We are expecting inventory in the MetroWest area to start to pick up in March, so if you are a buyer that’s been hunting homes for awhile, hang in there! In the meantime, ring in the spring with these 10 cleaning tips for your home.
1. Wash your pillows. Don’t spend your nights with dust mites! Wash pillow covers every three weeks. Wash pillows every three months and replace pillows every three years.
2. Bathe/groom your pets. Bathing and grooming can help control dust, dander and hair pets leave behind. Wipe pets down with allergen-removing pet wipes after brushing them or after they come in from outside.
3. Remove your shoes. Removing your shoes before entering reduces the amount of dirt and pollen you track into your home.
4. Ditch the vinyl shower curtain. Vinyl shower curtains exude harmful chemicals in humidity and heat. They also attract mold and mildew, so replace vinyl curtains with nylon ones.
5. Clean closet floor and bookshelf clutter. Vacuum closet floors to clean out the fabric, hair and skin that settles there. Collect books? Remove them from your shelves and donate the books you don’t want. Wipe away the dust on the ones you want to keep. Then, wipe down the bookshelf.
6. Monitor mold. Check dishwashers, drains, basements or other spaces than can harbor humidity. Ventilate bathrooms, pantries and rooms that often feel stale and humid.
7. Steam clean or freeze stuffed animals. Stuffed animals can harbor dust mites, so steam clean them, use an upholstery attachment to vacuum them or freeze them in freezer bags for 24 hours to prevent buildup. Store them in bins or boxes when not in use.
8. Clean the your refrigerator. Check expiration dates and toss food older than a few months. Pull out drawers and wash them with hot, soapy water, then wipe everything down. Wipe the exterior and check front grill to make sure it’s free of dust and lint.
9. Dust away. To avoid spreading more dust in the air with traditional dusters, try dampening a microfiber cloth. They grab and trap dust, leaving little behind.
10. Clean your rugs. Rugs harbor more dust than any other place in the house, so vacuum and spot-clean or shampoo them. Make sure they’re dry before using them, as wet rugs collect more dirt and dust.
Cleaning your home with the intent to sell? Give me a call!
Looking to buy or sell a home in the MetroWest area? Real estate agent Robert Brown of RE/MAX Executive Realty services areas such as Hopkinton, Hopedale, Milford, Upton, Mendon, and many more. To learn more about MetroWest real estate agent Robert Brown, please visit the Meet Your Agent page on SellMyMetroWestHome.com
Homes for Sale in Hopkinton, MA | Real Estate Agent in Hopkinton, MA
Homes for Sale in Hopedale, MA | Real Estate Agent in Hopedale, MA
Homes for Sale in Milford, MA | Real Estate Agent in Milford, MA
Homes for Sale in Upton, MA | Real Estate Agent in Upton, MA
Homes for Sale in Mendon, MA | Real Estate Agent in Mendon, MA