Buying or selling a home is absolutely a team effort. There are usually a minimum of five professionals involved in the process, but you could end up with a team of ten or more. The Sell My MetroWest Home team has a list of recommended service professionals available for you to reach out to. Here is a list of the primary professionals involved in real estate transactions:
- Seller’s Agent: The seller’s agent lists and markets the home for sale and represents the seller.
- Buyer’s Agent: The buyer’s agent represents the buyer and helps coordinate activities such as negotiating and the home inspection.
- Loan/Mortgage Broker: The loan officer helps the buyer obtain a loan for the sale transaction. They are responsible for processing the loan application and securing financing at a rate acceptable to the buyer.
- Appraiser: Hired by the buyer’s mortgage company, an appraiser estimate the true market value of a home.
- Home Inspector: Hired by the buyer, the home inspector does a professional inspection of the home to evaluate the quality and safety of its plumbing, heating, wiring, appliances, roof, foundation, etc.
- Closing Attorney: They ensure the title of the home and that there are no potential future problems that may threaten ownership. The closing attorney is also the person responsible for ensuring that all parties complete their obligation as outlined in the contract.
Every transaction is different, so you could also potentially run into some more professionals such as the ones listed below:
- Insurance Agent: Depending on your mortgage broker, a home insurance agent may be mandatory as part of your loan agreement. Either way, having home insurance is a good idea that could spare you a lot of headaches in case of a fire, theft, or storm damage.
- Contractor: This is the professional responsible for everything from blueprints to the construction of the home. If you are choosing a contractor without the help of your agent, be careful and make sure you are working with a licensed professional.
- Specialty Inspector: You may hire specialize inspectors to check out the house you are thinking about buying . If a general inspector warns you of a potential issue, it might be in your best interest to get a professional to the home that can estimate the cost of the damage and talk you through repairs.
- Service Provider (Plumber, Electrician, etc.): There are usually a minimum of five professionals involved in the process, but you could end up with a team of ten or more. Here is a list of the primary professionals involved in real estate transactions.
The Sell My MetroWest team has a list of recommended professionals for our clients to reach out to. You of course are not required to use anyone on our list, but do know that these are people that we have had positive experiences with in the past. We find that the clients that choose to go with our recommended providers have a smoother real estate transaction.
Looking to buy or sell a home in the MetroWest area? Real estate agent Robert Brown of RE/MAX Executive Realty services areas such as Hopkinton, Hopedale, Milford, Upton, Mendon, and many more. To learn more about MetroWest real estate agent Robert Brown, please visit the Meet Your Agent page on SellMyMetroWestHome.com
Homes for Sale in Hopkinton, MA | Real Estate Agent in Hopkinton, MA
Homes for Sale in Hopedale, MA | Real Estate Agent in Hopedale, MA
Homes for Sale in Milford, MA | Real Estate Agent in Milford, MA
Homes for Sale in Upton, MA | Real Estate Agent in Upton, MA
Homes for Sale in Mendon, MA | Real Estate Agent in Mendon, MA